Cookie Warning

Alert! Alert! This blog may employ cookies!
Cookies are potentially dangerous!!
If you're worried about using cookies, don't read this blog, or...
YOUR COMPUTER, PHONE, TABLET, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF INTERNET-SURFING DEVICE COULD GET EXTERMINATED!!!
YOUR COMPUTER, PHONE, TABLET, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF INTERNET-SURFING DEVICE COULD GET EXTERMINATED, EXTERMINATED, EXTERMINATED!!!
YOUR COMPUTER, PHONE, TABLET, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF INTERNET-SURFING DEVICE COULD GET EXTERMINATED, EXTERMINATED, EXTERMINATED!!!

Saturday, September 19, 2015

The Seduction of the Brigadier


Red: Look, it's the Brigadier. We've got him right where we always wanted him. He's tied up and frozen in Carbonite. 
Rex: Good. He's always been our staunchest enemy. It's good to see him contained.
Red: Maybe if we released him, he'd feel grateful. Then we could turn him over to our side.
Rex: Good strategic thinking, Red. It's worth a try.



Brigadier: Who goes there? What's happening? Why's my vision so fuzzy?
Red: You've got Carbon sickness. Don't worry, your vision will clear with time.
Rex: We awakened you because we want to be your friends.
Brigadier: You can't fool me! I know Dalek voices when I hear them.
Red: Perhaps some familiar voices will convince him.
Rex: Good strategic suggestion, Red.



Third Doctor: I say old chap, you can put down your gun. These Daleks aren't like the ones we fought in U.N.I.T.* We can coexist peaceably with them.
K-9: Master Doctor is correct, Brigadier. Knitted Daleks can be your friends.
Brigadier: What nonsense! The only good Dalek is a dead Dalek.
Red: Sorry, Rex. I guess all my strategic suggestions failed.
Rex: Don't Exterminate yourself yet, Red. I've got an idea.



Brigadier: What's that delightful aroma?
Rex: It's the Mistress' coffee cake. You're welcome to a piece, if you put down your gun.
Third Doctor: It really is excellent, old chap.
Brigadier: Well, maybe I'll let you talk me into negotiating a peaceful settlement with the Daleks this time. First things first, Doctor. Pass me a slice of that coffee cake.
Red: Good call, Rex.
Rex: They don't call me the strategy Dalek for nothing.

* United Nations Intelligence Taskforce

2 comments:

  1. Delightful. After a brief sojourn without a computer (it caught a virus) I'm catching up, and love your Brigadier adventure. For my petty efforts, try looking at - www.summerwine.net , on the forums find the 'members photos' thread then check out the 'Last of the summer timelords'. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about the virus. Life without a computer: unthinkable!
      Loved your petty efforts. Your petty efforts are masterful!

      Delete